Are you planning on visiting Kenya on your next holiday? You should be very excited because Kenya is one of the best destinations when it comes to tours and travels. On this article, I am going to help you with a few Kenya travel tips that are going to make your stay in Kenya awesome.
Tourist Attractions when Visiting Kenya Kenya
When visiting Kenya, there are very many tourist attractions to choose from. The tourists attractions in Kenya are found all over the country and therefore it is important that before you come for you holiday, you do a good research so that you know the places you will be spending your holiday.
Below is a list of the best tourist attractions in Kenya
Attractions in the Coast
- Gede Ruins
- Fort Jesus
- Vasco da Gama Pillar
- Wasini Island
National Reserves and National Parks in Kenya
- Masai Mara National Reserve
- Nairobi National Park
- Tsavo National Parks
- Amboseli National Park
- Lake Nakuru National Park
Towns to Visit
- Malindi and Watamu
Kenyan Highlands Attractions
- Mount Kenya
- Lewa Conservancy
- The Great Wildebeest Migration
- The Lamu Festival
These are among the best tourist attractions in Kenya. However, there are very many more tourist attractions that you can see when you are in Kenya. Once you get to Kenya, you may also learn of other attractions that are not really celebrated but might be something you want to experience.
Best Kenya Travel Tips
Below are a few Kenya travel tips that you need to know before visiting Kenya. These travel tips will ensure that you have a memorable holiday in Kenya.
- Do NOT forget to carry your photograph especially if you are going on a safari. Target morning hours and the evening hours to get the best shots. You tour guide will come in handy in picking out the best locations for photography.
- You will get to see many different wildlife and therefore it is important that you equip yourself with information on the different animals that you are likely to see and therefore giving you an opportunity to ask your guides the right questions. Download safari apps that will also guide you during the safari.
- Ensure that you choose the best accommodation spot for you. There are many hotels, lodges and safari camps in Kenya. Do a good research on accommodation before you book into any place.
- There are different times of the year that you can choose to visit Kenya. If you are interested in particular events such as the great wildebeest migration, ensure you time your holiday well. If you are on a budget it is probably best to visit during the low seasons. Learn the climate pattern of Kenya so that you are not surprised by the weather during your holiday in Kenya.
- You can practically wear anything you wish when you are on your holiday in Kenya. However, it is important that you know what safari attire to park if you are planning for a safari in Kenya.
- Major international currencies are acceptable when you visit Kenya. However, you may need to change some of your pocket cash into the local currencies.
I hope these few Kenya travel tips help you out the next time you are visiting Kenya so that you have the most memorable experience in this beautiful country.